Yikes. Post number 777. Just how did that happen?
So maybe I should do something to celebrate this a bit. That is, after all, a whole lot of words.
We can start with seven random things about me.
1. I stole a pink pencil box from my seven year-old daughter Monday. Hey, I needed it for my ball point pen collection and she only had four crayons in it! Actually, I asked if I could have it as she has like twenty pink plastic pencil boxes and she gave it to me *for keeps.*
2. I’ve been reading unassigned sections in my text books for fun. OK, most of my regular readers have probably guessed from my reading habits that that isn’t at all unexpected. Debate: should I write reviews on my text books and school assignments?
3. I have used no drugs or alcohol for ten months and 12 days. That isn’t exactly a random fact or new news but overall I’ve been really pleased with this clean and sober thing.
4. I once assembled a 2,000 piece jigsaw puzzle. Then I glued it together and framed it and hung it over the dining room table. Once and only once.
5. I still have both the Christmas and Easter shit in boxes in the living room. Yeah. I need to round up a crew to help haul some
shit stuff in my storage room to the dump so I have an easier time putting up.
5 1/2. Bonus. I once had a sailor fresh out of the Navy tell me to watch my language.
6. My brother and I used to ride our bikes three miles on back county roads to get to the library in the summer. Our elementary school would open the library a few hours each week as a branch of the public library 20 miles away.
7. I love to go barefoot and have dirty feet all summer. There’s nothing better than wiggling my toes in good dirt.
Maybe some boring old site stats? Let’s see. I miss the days before incognito browsing when I could see ALL of the crazy search terms that led people here. I have some strange readers! But there are still enough odd ones that get through. Lets see, some of the weirdest ways people have found me. (And Im not editing spelling errors, these are just copied and pasted as used.)
1. “my bosses daugther”
2. “poem or poetry or lyric “they smack him””
3. “why don’t pb&j’s have a backbone”
4. “”just a little more” story libra”
5. “shoveling snow fun and crazy”
6. “how to catch the leprechauns”
7. “Юлия Павлушкова 31 год open pages 2015”
I have no idea what that last one means or even what language it is. Also, there are some real sickos out there but I’m not going to post those search terms. I might post erotic-ish poetry from time to time but, really, people are sick.
Hmmm. Let’s see, three 7’s. Maybe seven top all-time posts?
1. speaking of boys (why does this still get hits?!)
2. blood (pretty good poem)
3. open (you judge yourself/a hundred times/more harshly/than i ever could…)
4. i can’t breathe (because White Supremacist Capitalist Patriarchy)
5. love letter (short poem and short essay)
6. free (Ironically an article on the Buddhist perspective on sexual desire just came across my news feed. The short synopsis is that desire can never be satisfied and that good sex only happens without desire.)
Hmmm. I’d love for my blogy friends to play along, even if you don’t have exactly 777 posts to celebrate. What weird search terms come up? Top posts? Little details of who you are?