I’ve spent the last several days working my ass off to prepare for an appointment that just got rescheduled. I’m exhausted and frustrated and irritated. Which really isn’t a good combination for me. I’m too damned tired to do much of anything at this point, suddenly at loose ends, and really aggravated by the late change of plans.
Then I found this list of questions over at Mocking Bird Down. While my answers will be very different than hers I enjoy her honesty and candor. And maybe this will give me something to do to keep from pulling my hair out or throwing stuff.
- If you could stand for 12 and a half minutes in any spot in the world, where would it be? NO one can see you or hear you, and you can not engage in any way.
A: If I can also time travel, the moment Jesus cured Mary of her demons, where ever that happened. If time travel is not allowed, I’m assuming no engagement means I’m ghost-like and impervious so the top of Victoria Falls. If ghost-like and impervious aren’t allowed then I’ll go with a little pond in the mountains I can’t remember how to find anymore.
- What is the cruelest thing you have done to another human being?
A: I’ve never set out to be cruel. Probably knocking a girl’s teeth out with a library book in kindergarten because she didn’t know that Google Plex was the biggest number. Or maybe giving my little sister clods of dirt on the end of twigs and telling her they were chocolate suckers. She ate my blue crayon!
- Do you think with your heart or your brain? A: Both.
- If an alien gave birth in your lounge, and you were unsure of it’s sex – what would you name the baby?
- What is your favorite quote, and why?
A: This quote has kept me alive through the darkest of days. It deserves it’s own post.
- If you had a choice to be anyone else for a day (no limit to era and circumstances – fiction or non fiction) – who would it be and why?
A: Peter, walking on water!
- If you had to pick four words to describe your MOTIVES, what would they be?
A: Love, hope, faith, and learning.
- If you were to guess other people’s four words, what do you think they would be?
A: Which other people? Sort-of an average of the USA? For that I’ll go with greed, control, pride, and fear.
- If you could choose the date and the way you die – and be bound to that – would you?
- You three favorite words?
A: Liminal, adumbral, and hopeful.