The most read posts of 2014. Some of these make me wonder about my readers 😉 Just kidding. Happy New Years and thank you for stopping to read!
1. halloween Two poems and a picture of Icarus (one of the two cutest black cats ever and part of the inspiration for the poem that started me back to writing regularly again; his name comes from his kitten habit of waking me up every ten minutes all night).
2. i can’t breathe In honor of all victims of brutality, violence, and discrimination.
4. Introversion, Independence, Isolation, Illusions & Insanity The first part in my on-going monologue on being toward the far end of introverted.
5. dreams A semi-erotic love poem from 2003. Probably should have a NSFW disclaimer in the title.
6. inept A short poem about being clumsy.
7. Sunday Spoken Word Special A friend of mine preforming some awesome anti-homophobia pieces. Well worth the watch and the time to go check out his YouTube channel.
8. please Guilt and shame and asking forgiveness.
9. Into Deep Water Some of my thoughts on surrender and struggle and working The Steps. And disclosure of a secret.
11. written the night i decided i needed to quit Well, I’d actually tried to quit a few times before and sometimes even made it for years at a stretch. But this was the beginning of the end.
12. honey bee A bee with no hive and no where to land, no flowers to drink from and no one to share honey with. My name is from a Greek root for bee or bee-like. (And, I’ve heard, Irish for Christ-follower. How cool is that?)
13. bathtub It’s short, just read it for yourself.
14. if you come get me Like much of the work I post on lazy days this was long consigned to the slush pile of poetry from my teens.
Did your favorite poem not make the top hits list? Tell me about it in the comments! I’d love to hear more from my readers. Have a safe and joyous New Years Eve!